For all those helping with the Ariadne project, I thought I’d lay out my timetable to show the full plan of next week’s development. This might help people co-ordinate the bits they’re doing for me.
* Send out download instructions to early beta testers (done)
* Send out DVD case design to woody (done)
* Brief Ellen and Ed for documentation (done)
* Read Paypal’s guide to services (done)
* Buy CD Sticky Labels, 100-cd ham from PC World
* Make decision on buying a logo.
* Get CD to Derek
Wednesday 26th: (off work; full development day)
* solid development, bug fixing from early beta
* Get CD to James
* Review documentation so far; suggest changes
* Print CD Sticky labels at work
* Remind people of ‘testing party’ on sunday
* 2nd review of documentation; comments or freeze
* Collect DVD cases from Woody
* 1200: ‘testing party’ – people bring laptops and some serious-ass testing is done.
* Stuff DVD inlays into cases, press CD sticky labels onto blank CDs
* Integrate documentation into on-line help
* Burn ‘NG edition’ cd rom
* Fed-ex parcel to Neil Gaiman.
* Open paypal shop.
Tuesday 1st Feb
* Send copies of Ariadne to everyone who’s helped.
Apologies to anyone if I’m not timely in responding to emails. This may happen quite a bit.